As a vegan with a sweet tooth there are plenty of chocolate bars and snacks that I miss and crave sometimes. Jaffa cakes are one of those snacks, but luckily they're not too difficult to make. These jaffa cakes are perfect to share with family and friends alongside a cup of tea.
200 grams plain flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
100 grams caster sugar
150 ml plant milk
40 ml rapeseed or sunflower oil
300 grams chocolate
around half a jar of seville marmalade
Oven should be at 180 degrees celsius
1. Preheat your oven to 180 degrees and line your cake tins with vegan butter or oil. The cupcakes tins should be shallow so you can get a good jaffa cake shape, rather then a cupcake shape.
2. Sift your flour and baking powder into a bowl and then pour in the milk and oil. Fold the mixture together until smooth.
3. Pour your batter into the cucake moulds and make sure you don't pour too much in as they will rise. Put your tin into the oven for around 8 minutes. After this take the out and leave them to cool down before taking them out of the tins.
4. Break up your chocolate and melt it using the ban marie method.
5. Once your cupcakes have cooled slightly use a knife to spread on a layer of marmalade and then dip your cakes into the chocolate mixture, or if preffered spread the mixture over the top.
6. When you've covered all of your cakes, put them in the fridge until the chocolate is set and once they have, they're ready to eat!