This recipe is amazing as it has the texture of real chocolate mousse and a wonderful, fruity flavour. It's also really easy to make and a great desert option for a dinner party or simply if you have a sweet tooth that needs catering for.
1 cup of aquafaba aka 400grams of chickpeas
Juice of half an orange
Zest of one orange
6 tbsp golden syrup
2tbsp plant milk
Berries to go on top
1. Put the tofu into a blender and blitz untill it's turned into a thick mousse.
2. Break up your chocolate and melt it in a ban marie with the golden syrup and plant milk.
3. When the chocolate has fully melted, take it off the heat and leave to cool. Once cooled, pour it into the tofu mixture. Also, zest an orange into the mixture and then blitz again until everything is cohesive.
4. Drain your chickpeas and put the aquafaba and orange juice in a bowl. To be able to get a frothy mixture you need to mix protein and acid which is why the orange juice is so necessary. Whisk untill you get stiff peaks.
5. Fold the tofu mixture into your stif peaks. You'll lose alot of volume but this is expected. After this put the mixture into pots and leave them in the fridge for at least four hours. When they're ready, decorate with berries.